Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

My novel study.

Making Predictions

L.I. To make predictions based on clues in the text
To revise predictions and make new ones while reading



To help you make your first prediction, look at some or all of the following:
Title
Cover
Blurb
Pictures or diagrams
Table of Contents
Think about the topic, genre and author also



Some language to use when predicting might be:

I think the text will be about _________________ because _________________ .
I predict _________________ will happen next.
From what I have read so far, I predict that _________________ .
From what I already know about _________________ I predict _________________ .
The picture makes me think that _________________ .
The style of this author is _________________ so I think _________________ .

Some language to use when revising predictions might be:

I thought _________________ but then I read that _________________ so now I think _________________ .
I changed my first prediction because it said in the book that _________________ .
My prediction was confirmed because it said in the story that _________________ .
My prediction was partly right but _________________ .
I assumed _________________ but _________________ .



Use this table to make your predictions:
First prediction: My first prediction is 2 people going to a forest and some aliens were trying to kill them
Was your prediction confirmed?  Why/Why not? No because at the cover of the page I thought they just went to the forest and just saw aliens. But it was different.



Revised or new prediction

My prediction is 2 people going to the video game shop and playing there. And the mum told him to go home at 5 0 clock. but he chewed at bubble gum and shrinked and went into a screen in a game.
*
Read
Was your prediction confirmed?  Why/Why not?

Yes because I read the book in our group
Revised or new prediction
*
Read
Was your prediction confirmed?  Why/Why not?
Revised or new prediction
*
Read
Was your prediction confirmed?  Why/Why not?



What next?:
Predict what happens next once the story is finished. His mum shrinked and then her son gave the mum a pink bubble gum and she chewed and she went normal size

No comments:

Post a Comment