Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

I am a seashell poem. By Cyprus.

I am a Seashell



L.l.   Literary devices: Simile and Personification
Parts of speech: Adjectives


I am a seashell waiting for
somebody to see
me.
I am shiny andcurled up like a
cinnamon roll.
I’m rough and
sandy.
I swim with the sea and the sea with me.
I am cold inside
so if you touch me
you’ll
shiver and quiver.
I swim around the sea
with animals living inside of me.
I’m joyful in the sea
with fishes and sea creatures
surrounding me.
I like being a shellbecause people can
hear the sea inside of me.
By Melissa, age 7


Read the poem


Which of these things can you do?


Highlight the adjectives blue
Highlight the simile yellow


Complete the sentences:
Personification is a person that is not an object.


Highlight the example of personification


List 5 things that you saw at the school picnic at the beach
- Shells
-Mussel shells
-Sand
-Sea weed
-Sticks


Use the list and the model to create your own ‘I am a...’ poem


SC:
All capital letters and full stops used correctly
Write using personification i.e. the object you chose is a person
Must use interesting adjectives (use a thesaurus please)
Have at least one simile
At least 5 verses
No spelling or grammatical mistakes
I am a ball
I am a ball waiting for
someone to kick me.


I am round like a
perfect circle but I am 3D.


I can bounce like a trampoline.
I make noises when I hit the ground.


I am shiny like a bald head.
I break things when I am bouncing
too high in the house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyprus

I like the use of describing words you have used in your poem. You have done a great job at using simile and personification in your poem. Keep up the great work!

Post a Comment